Tanked

I was surprised yesterday to find that the Easy Plant LED was available, or at least would be if it wasn't already sold out!  If there was a big announcement I missed it.  Customer Service said they could see no problem on their side, and seemed to be unaware that it was even offered on the site.😕

The page offers a notify when available option.  At this point everything went down hill.  When pressing the notify me button, the page asks for a phone number or email address.  The page offers no place to enter an email address.  Am I required to give a phone number in order to proceed?   

At one point the page asked me to log in.  I was already logged here, and have never had to log in a second time to make a purchase.  I tried using the login button and was told that my email/password were incorrect. 

Today, after clearing the cache, cookies, history, and a cold boot, nothing has changed.  There were several other issues on the site, but the biggest issue at the moment is that for some reason  email replies to customer service are being rejected!  I decided to come here rather than starting the conversation over each time.

• Like 1

The easy plant LED has a listing on the site, but it hasn't been released yet. You can subscribe for a text alert on the page. They put it up for informational purposes prior to release since they get lots of questions during streams.

I know it says text or email but in a stream Cory said there's an option for a text message notification and didn't mention email notification as an option. Though I didn't inquire.

@Tanked The light was delayed, due to Covid shutting the facility where the light is being manufactured. We HOPE, and hope is a big word, that the light may be in stock Mid December. Keep in mind, all the stars, planets, and grass blades must aligned to make this a reality, but we are hoping. 

I am not sure who you spoke with in Emails, that didn't provide you with good information, my apologies for that. I am off on Tuesday's and Friday's. We offer text message notification not email notification on product in stock. I believe there is a limit to how many people can receive that text notification so there is a limitation there.

We have had the light listed on the website for a couple of months, as we expected the light to be in stock much sooner. We have the light listed so everyone can have access to the information about the light, sizes, specs, and price. 

I am not sure why emails would begetting rejected, @Cory would be one for that, if there is an issue on the website, I know a slight change was made yesterday. If you are emailing shipping@aquariumcoop.com, your email should get to me. ]

Let me know how else I can help   ~Candi 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/19/2022 at 1:10 PM, Candi said:

@Tanked The light was delayed, due to Covid shutting the facility where the light is being manufactured. We HOPE, and hope is a big word, that the light may be in stock Mid December. Keep in mind, all the stars, planets, and grass blades must aligned to make this a reality, but we are hoping. 

I am not sure who you spoke with in Emails, that didn't provide you with good information, my apologies for that. I am off on Tuesday's and Friday's. We offer text message notification not email notification on product in stock. I believe there is a limit to how many people can receive that text notification so there is a limitation there.

We have had the light listed on the website for a couple of months, as we expected the light to be in stock much sooner. We have the light listed so everyone can have access to the information about the light, sizes, specs, and price. 

I am not sure why emails would begetting rejected, @Cory would be one for that, if there is an issue on the website, I know a slight change was made yesterday. If you are emailing shipping@aquariumcoop.com, your email should get to me. ]

Let me know how else I can help   ~Candi 

Thanks Candi.  I was aware of all of the difficulties with the light, and will remain patient. If the light has been listed for months, I have no idea how I missed it.  I have no problem with a CSR saying I don't know, or I'm not sure. No apology needed.  I will attempt to send the emails again as new email.  If they go through, than it means only the replies were being rejected.  Technology is great when it works.

On 11/19/2022 at 12:15 PM, TheSwissAquarist said:

It hasn’t been released yet, so it hasn’t sold out yet!

Maybe @Cory or @Candiwould comment??

Very true!  However when dealing with the public words are important.  Sold is a verb indicating that a sale has already taken place, hence my confusion about a product that hasn't been released yet.  In your LFS capacity it would be misleading to tell a customer that you are "sold out" of an item that you never had.  In any event, every light of every size being sold out was an indicator that something was off.  My issue is with a variety of page related issues that I was experiencing.

On 11/19/2022 at 9:00 PM, Tanked said:

Very true!  However when dealing with the public words are important.  Sold is a verb indicating that a sale has already taken place, hence my confusion about a product that hasn't been released yet.  In your LFS capacity it would be misleading to tell a customer that you are "sold out" of an item that you never had.  In any event, every light of every size being sold out was an indicator that something was off.  My issue is with a variety of page related issues that I was experiencing.

I suspect sold out is an easy function to put into the website code as the function already exists, along with the label and formatting. Are you an English teacher out of interest??😁

• Administrators
On 11/19/2022 at 12:00 PM, Tanked said:

If you'd document the issues you're having with the website and email them to shipping@aquariumcoop.com we'll have our developers take a look. Device and browser help a lot a swell as screenshot or video of the problem so we can try and replicate it.

As for the light, the notification error message has been set to mobile number only and not mobile or email.

Thanks for your help.

On 11/19/2022 at 3:21 PM, TheSwissAquarist said:

I suspect sold out is an easy function to put into the website code as the function already exists, along with the label and formatting. Are you an English teacher out of interest??😁

I'm not an English teacher. I wish I could remember everything they tried to teach us.  I'm in the customer service field, and what the customer does or does not tell me can be the difference between a free telephone fix or a $$$ tear down and colossal waste of time.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...