Newbie to the forum

BettaMommy

Just want to introduce myself. I have been keeping Bettas and snails for the last 6 months. This picture was my 1st loss. She died of a internal parasite which thanks to Corey I learned how to prevent that moving forward! It also led me to check out this forum. I love learning and this hobby is a never ending learning experience and I intend to fish keep for a very long time. Right now my project is planting up my tanks. Today is day 4 of the medicine trio for my other Bettas.. I have 1 giant Dumbo eared male, 3 male crown tails, 2 assassin snails, 4 nerite snails, 2 mystery snails (clutch incubating) I will intro them later..Fin rot led me to a video from Aquarium co-op. I am grateful bc I still have the fish that suffered with that and they are thriving. 

08FD7E44-8BC0-4BE2-AF02-230F60CE7EAB.jpeg

• Like 3

On 11/3/2022 at 6:18 AM, BettaMommy said:

Just want to introduce myself. I have been keeping Bettas and snails for the last 6 months. This picture was my 1st loss. She died of a internal parasite which thanks to Corey I learned how to prevent that moving forward! It also led me to check out this forum. I love learning and this hobby is a never ending learning experience and I intend to fish keep for a very long time. Right now my project is planting up my tanks. Today is day 4 of the medicine trio for my other Bettas.. I have 1 giant Dumbo eared male, 3 male crown tails, 2 assassin snails, 4 nerite snails, 2 mystery snails (clutch incubating) I will intro them later..Fin rot led me to a video from Aquarium co-op. I am grateful bc I still have the fish that suffered with that and they are thriving. 

08FD7E44-8BC0-4BE2-AF02-230F60CE7EAB.jpeg

@BettaMommy Welcome to the forum! Thank you for sharing your pics - I'm sorry you lost your first betta. Cory also helped me understand that losses are inevitable. We do our best for our little fishie buddies, but some things are out of our control. Anyway, youre sure to learn lots and get lots of support here, so welcome!!

Thank you for the warm welcome and encouragement. I have definitely found my hobby.. I have always been an animal lover. What has me hooked on fish and sets it apart from the other pets in my life, is the learning experience. I am constantly researching! I love it! 

• Like 3

On 11/12/2022 at 8:43 AM, TeeJay said:

Welcome to the forum. Can't wait to hear about they mystery snail clutch. I have 2 myself in an incubator right now. Magentas. Can't wait to follow along.

I think the clutch is a dud! It’s not getting that moldy color and no babies or changes. It’s been about 3 weeks now! 

Hiya! I am relatively new myself (about a year) and had mystery snails in a tank. I really didn't know much about them but did see the egg clutches and left them where they were, I believe it was three weeks or so and then suddenly there were baby snails everywhere lol. 

I don't think all of the clutches hatched snails but there were soooooo many of them enough of them did and I had hundreds of snails on my hands.

good luck with your baby snails and your bettas too!