Root tabs

So im starting a planted tank. I have normal gravel. I got a ton of crypts and i know they melt. But how many root tabs should i put in to start? Right now i gave each one one tab. And im using flourish for the anubias and banana plants. Also to dwarf lilly take root tabs?

I start out with one root tab per plant when I first plant, then will add more as they grow and get bigger. If I start to notice leaves turning yellow I'll start putting another tab under the plant. I have a couple large swords and crypts that I put 4 tabs under every month or so. Its easy to go through a lot of the tabs when you have several planted tnaks, I was happy when the coop finally came out with the larger pack.

1 hour ago, Andy's Fish Den said:

I start out with one root tab per plant when I first plant, then will add more as they grow and get bigger. If I start to notice leaves turning yellow I'll start putting another tab under the plant. I have a couple large swords and crypts that I put 4 tabs under every month or so. Its easy to go through a lot of the tabs when you have several planted tnaks, I was happy when the coop finally came out with the larger pack.

4 tabs a plant a month 😮 sounds massive. (I wouldn't know, just learning.)

Id say to use two of them per plant per month. Also dont worry about using a gravel vac unless it looks bad on the surface of the gravel. In this case just lightly press the vac on the top of the gravel for a few seconds. Easy green also helps there growth. A dirted tank is still the king of the hill for crypts.