Holiday Themed Aquarium

AquaHobbyist123

As a Christmas obsessed lady, I love it! I was trying to find a pair of scarlet badis because they are tiny, adorable, and make me think of candy canes. Sadly I can't find anywhere that will sell them sexed. It's just males. I guess people prefer their higher color.

Be sure to post pictures if you do a Christmas tank!

• Like 3

On 9/4/2022 at 3:39 PM, smm333 said:

As a Christmas obsessed lady, I love it! I was trying to find a pair of scarlet badis because they are tiny, adorable, and make me think of candy canes. Sadly I can't find anywhere that will sell them sexed. It's just males. I guess people prefer their higher color.

Not a scarlet Badis, but I’ll have a load of these ready to ship out before Christmas…

72D9DDD4-76FD-40AE-9E01-4991E4D2CE1F.jpeg.835379925e46bd2d9d845cfdcc45948a.jpeg 

Edited by Fish Folk
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

On 9/4/2022 at 3:27 PM, Fish Folk said:

Not actually a Christmas theme, per say, but MD Fish Tanks did a build some time back . . . some GoT winter theme . . . it's worth watching in full if you've never seen this before . . .

Would love to see his take on this again given 3 years of growth and experience. Or a House of the Dragon theme!

Candy Cane or Blood Cap tetras are really nice for the holiday colors too 🙂

• Like 3

Sadly I can't find anywhere that will sell them sexed.

Finding female scarlet badis at all is very rare. It’s like winning a scratch off lottery ticket it is so rare. If you ever hear of anyone selling females please let me know. I would pay handsomely to get some girls to go with my boys. 

0AF13113-F410-4088-8074-D574A6155BC6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 9/7/2022 at 5:25 AM, Guppysnail said:

Finding female scarlet badis at all is very rare. It’s like winning a scratch off lottery ticket it is so rare. If you ever hear of anyone selling females please let me know. I would pay handsomely to get some girls to go with my boys. 

It's so weird. You know breeders are getting females, and they aren't expensive fish. C'mon people! Stop hoarding the ladies, lol!

On 9/4/2022 at 3:12 PM, Fish Folk said:

Not a scarlet Badis, but I’ll have a load of these ready to ship out before Christmas…

72D9DDD4-76FD-40AE-9E01-4991E4D2CE1F.jpeg.835379925e46bd2d9d845cfdcc45948a.jpeg 

Wow! That is an absolutely stunning fish! 🥰

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

On 9/7/2022 at 7:25 AM, Guppysnail said:

Where do all the boys come from then I wonder. 🤔 is someone hoarding them all!

Edited by Cinnebuns
  • Like 1

On 9/8/2022 at 1:46 AM, Cinnebuns said:

Where do all the boys come from then I wonder. 🤔 is someone hoarding them all!

My understanding from what I read is they don’t even get collected. Theories I read say they don’t even collect girls to keep a stable breeding population or because they are smaller 1/2 inch max and colorless grey they don’t collect them or because they want to remain main supplier.  
The girls that do get through and get bred they don’t sell so they also can continue to keep higher prices and be main suppliers by controlling who can breed them. 

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Confused 1