Clean up crew

Dandroid

By clean up crew do you mean for extra food? Algae?  Because tbh the nerite snail is the best thing you can get for algae and the mystery snail is great for extra food. You could maybe add another nerite or 2 if you wanted. They are pretty small and have a small bioload. 

• Like 1

If you wanted something to clean up extra food, you could try Kuhli Loaches or Corydoras. 

If you wanted something to clean up extra food and algae, try Cherry or Amano Shrimp. I will say that Amano Shrimp are more affective against algae compared to Cherry Shrimp but I think Cherry Shrimp look nicer. 

Also, Nerite Snails are probably the best type of snail against all types of algae. They get rid of spot algae which is SUPER difficult to get rid of so yeah, they are good. 

On 9/4/2022 at 10:00 AM, Dandroid said:

Thanks. Will amano shrimp eat the plants?

Amano Shrimp with eat dead plants and SOMETIMES nibble on live plants. Cherry Shrimp are the same but they don't eat live plants

Hope this helps!

On 9/3/2022 at 10:18 PM, Cinnebuns said:

Wouldn't nerites count?  Idk

I’ve never seen nerites smaller than about 3/8” across.  My Kuhlis don’t bother anything that size but I’ve got no ramshorns left in their tank and I suspect they may be eating any babies.  I remove the adults from that tank if I spot them, but haven’t removed an adult in several months.