Seachem's "The Bag" Replacement

Dudie419

I have the Seachem Tidal 55 filter in my 30-gallon tank.  I have Purigen and Matrix Carbon in two of Seachem’s “The Bag”, each in its own bag.  Well, I want to replace “The Bag” with something different.  “The Bag” is too big and the material it’s made of is too stiff for my liking.  I can’t get it to fit in the filter basket the right way. You close it with a zip tie which adds to the bulkiness.   I just don’t like it.  Can anyone recommend a fine Mesh 180 Micron Filter Media Bag to replace it with?

On 9/1/2022 at 9:54 AM, Dudie419 said:

I have the Seachem Tidal 55 filter in my 30-gallon tank.  I have Purigen and Matrix Carbon in two of Seachem’s “The Bag”, each in its own bag.  Well, I want to replace “The Bag” with something different.  “The Bag” is too big and the material it’s made of is too stiff for my liking.  I can’t get it to fit in the filter basket the right way. You close it with a zip tie which adds to the bulkiness.   I just don’t like it.  Can anyone recommend a fine Mesh 180 Micron Filter Media Bag to replace it with?

Are you talking about the bag that came with the matrix? I mistakenly had a similar experience. 😞

Ultimately I ended up just using something like the ACO filter media bags they sell, or buying at least 1 of the Tidal series zeolite / carbon / matrix in the size I needed for the sake of having another bag thats a decent size.

I sent them back. I ordered the bag through Amazon. They accepted even though it was open but I could tell right away they would not work for me. That’s why I went with the Alegi after 3 other trial orders of different bags. Makes no sense why seachem doesn’t make the right size bags with plastic zipper to put their media in. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/1/2022 at 6:15 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Just a heads up. Those are very similar to what ACO sells.  Slightly different mesh, but it may work for your needs. Be sure to check those ones out too! 🙂

https://www.aquariumcoop.com/products/aquarium-fish-tank-media-filter-bag

I have those for other things. They are not micron and don’t work for purigen unfortunately.  

• Like 2