WTF is going on?!

Sounds most like he is just an overeager teenage boy trying to get the girls attentions but does not yet have his Casanova skills down yet. I’ve seen my new make juveniles do this. 
oh and 2 girls to one boy but in group settings this is not as important 

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Haha 2

On 8/25/2022 at 9:18 PM, Henry the fish keeper said:

@Guppysnail Should I be concerned? I did move him to a breeding net.

Not as long as the tank is planted and she can find a quiet spot to retire from the amorous attention. If the tank is sparse they will stress her over time. A breeding net will stress them. Is she the only female in a group of boys?  If you have just 1 girl and 2 boys they will constantly overstress her and when she tries to give birth she will most likely have issues. If there are multiple females and multiple males with hiding space they will work themselves out. Add some hardscape and even silk plants or even plastic tall ones to fill in until real ones grow full. 

• Like 2

On 8/25/2022 at 10:41 PM, Henry the fish keeper said:

There are two females and he is the only male. I put him in the breeding net.

2f-1male I would leave them be. Breeder nets stress them. Boys constantly want girl attention that is why the ratio is heavy on the female side. The boys do not wander about doing their own thing ever in my tanks. If the females seem stressed it’s because you do not have enough stuff in the tank like I mentioned. Plants real,silk,plastic and hardscape. Keeping your boy in a net is very stressful for him. His stress causes stress for girls in that tank. I highly do not recommend this but encourage filling the tank with decor. 

• 3 weeks later...