which monitor for ph/tds/temp ?

anewbie

I'm looking for a system to monitor my ph/tds/temp and send it to a computer or something so it can be graphed. Also having a text alert if something is out of whack would be a bonus. I do not want it to actually try to take corrective action - i just want the monitoring and upload of data.

I believe hanna, apex, milwaukee and bluelab makes these but no clue which is the best bang for the buck and has long term reliability et all. Does anyone have experience with these systems ?

On 8/24/2022 at 12:15 AM, Mmiller2001 said:

Apex Neptune 

Can you expand on the advantage of the apex neptune over (for example) bluebird? Also i'm concern that apex has an additional cost for being able to take 'corrective' action which is a feature i do not require.

On 8/24/2022 at 2:05 AM, Mmiller2001 said:

I'm not familiar with it. I just know it can track and graph. It's quite expensive. 

Bulk Reef Supply has videos on YouTube that go into using it. I would look there.

Have you used it - my concern is that it is including a lot of 'controlling' options that make it quite a bit more expensive than what i need since i don't want any controlling; i just want monitoring/reporting.

On 8/24/2022 at 3:50 PM, Streetwise said:

Neptune Apex is still probably the most complete solution.

But am I paying for extra if all i want to do is monitor ec/temp/ph ? Also have you looked into the felix system ?

I have two motivation for the monitoring; first for the drip system will i am mixing filter/ro water i want to make sure if there is a drift (detected by change in tds) i can correct it and for the blackwater system i want to be able to monitor ultra low ph.

Ok. I just wish i understand specifically the negatives of the felix vs apex - not saying one is better or the other just not getting specific information that I can quantify. One concern i have with the apex is the negative reviews with the tds pen. I'll view daniel video later - and maybe that will provide insight. Also with regards to co2 i prefer to not adjust co2 on/off but rather just make sure the ph reach an equlib. at and acceptable value. I suppose being able to shut it off in case of an emergency would be a good thing. As for leak detection - i have that covered as part of the house alarm system 😉