YOU GUYS!!!

Tonik

At least one of my Cory fry has survived for 4 days so far. Spotted it today and I also spotted a baby CPD the size of an eyelash, probably just hatched. I guess removing the CPD parents a few days ago has allowed some fry to survive. Those CPDs are really voracious micro predators for anything that fits in their mouths.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Wisnasky-tank said:

I see all of you say cool waterChanges and I’ve done some of the research that you need to have your temperatures down at like 69° not that I am trying for mine to breed but if they did it would be cool mom I guess just curious on tips

I do cool water changes but my tank has been at 74-76F for most of the time I have had this group.  I think that they are laying the eggs in a tall patch of java/christmas moss, not on the glass which makes it impossible to see or to get the eggs out.  I noticed one of the big females practically rolling around in there on Sat. night and did some research.  I thought she was having swim bladder problems but then I noticed that she had her bottom fins clamped together as she swam into the moss.  Apparently they deposit one egg at a time!  Fascinating!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Wisnasky-tank said:

I see all of you say cool waterChanges and I’ve done some of the research that you need to have your temperatures down at like 69° not that I am trying for mine to breed but if they did it would be cool mom I guess just curious on tips

I really don’t worry about cool water changes, and focus on steady food supply and clean water.  Of course clean water means water changes, at least if you are slightly over feeding, but I don’t worry too much about water temp.  

If I were ranking things to make panda Corydoras spawn, 1 lots of food, 2 clean water (no ammonia, no nitrite, nitrate at or below 40 PPM.) and other water parameters like temp, gh etc.  interested in other thoughts though.

4 hours ago, Tonik said:

@Ken Burke Well, after almost a week of spying on that patch of moss, I am sad to say that I have still only seen 1 little cat.  However... I spotted 3 swordtail fry in there too.  I guess it is baby season in that tank! 🕵️‍♀️

At least you still have one. I think I confirmed 3 in my tank yesterday which means they have been around for a week. They must be eating something, not sure what. They are still so tiny. Luckily the adult cory's don't seem to be too much of a danger to them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...