YOU GUYS!!!

Tonik

I have baby Panda Corydoras!!! I was hoping they’d spawn and I did everything I read here... good food, cool water changes, and here they are!!! I’m SOOO excited!!!  I never saw eggs, just a super cute surprise! ❤️BC2781BF-C666-42DF-A6FA-73530BEE3E90.jpeg.57722f749205bc910a6016dfc8e8d68a.jpeg

E548DF36-A17A-41C7-B917-082882C78A53.jpeg

Edited by Tonik
  • Like 17

10 hours ago, Dandy Pearl said:

I found a similar thing, but I wasn't trying. A couple weeks ago I was moving some rocks around and found two baby Sterba's Corydora!

1999704077_BabySterbaiCorydora2.jpg.9171b9d3dcb3f2149316c107351a5afc.jpg

Absolutely an awsome surprise!

I was half heartedly trying.  I noticed the male cozying up to the females so I thought I’d try the cooler water change and fattening them up with bloodworms but I never saw eggs so I figured it didn’t work.  Honestly the best part is knowing that the tank is healthy enough to support spawning!   

Your baby Sterbai are so cute!  

• Like 2

@Ken Burkei have a little patch of java/Christmas moss and that’s where the little guy hides out.  I did catch a glimpse this morning, phew! I thought about trying to catch him and feed him up really well but he’s fast and the other fish get super interested in any area I start working on.  

image.jpg

I have not had great success moving fry, or very small juveniles.  We feed a few Tetra Shrimp Wafers in the morning.  And I occasionally drop in  some repashi community.  It looks like you have really good cover, so you may have more than one little guy in there.  I’m guessing the Cholla offers some great hidy spots

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Marc said:

I found some newly hatched corydoras in my tank.

It is easy to see how people miss them until they are a little bigger. Their pattern blends in so well with sand and gravel. They are also so tiny. The first time I noticed one in my tank I thought it was a mosquito larvae.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 7:50 PM, Tonik said:

I have baby Panda Corydoras!!! I was hoping they’d spawn and I did everything I read here... good food, cool water changes, and here they are!!! I’m SOOO excited!!!  I never saw eggs, just a super cute surprise! ❤️BC2781BF-C666-42DF-A6FA-73530BEE3E90.jpeg.57722f749205bc910a6016dfc8e8d68a.jpeg

E548DF36-A17A-41C7-B917-082882C78A53.jpeg

Get your tacos supplies ready. I have 5 of those and although i don't expect them to multiply it would be pretty cool. My tank has a lot of places for babies to hide. Pandas are the cutest ones imo. This happened to me a long time ago with zebra danios. I just looked in the tank one day and say a bunch of babies 

• Like 2

It must be Cory breeding time, I just found 4 baby Cories during a water change today. I pulled the ones I found, no idea what type they are though. I have Brochis, paleatus, trilineatus, and lucomelas in there. Fry of any kind don't usually make it in this tank, so I was surprised to see them. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, StephenP2003 said:

Ok, that's it. Corydoras envy has taken control. As soon as my current purchase is out of quarantine, I'm turning that tank into a honeymoon suite and the pandas are checking in. 

Feed ‘em good, keep the water clean, and a little light jazz can’t hurt.  

• Like 2