Linear Air Pump Issue

EmDixie

Hi guys! I'm really struggling with my Linear Air Pump. It's the style recommended by Aquarium Coop though I bought it directly through the manufacturer. It is set up with an overhead loop and has 22-24 current drops which it's definitely rated for. Each drop goes down into a Coop sponge filter with an air stone. The tanks are all about 16" tall as they're 20gal highs and 40gal breeders. The issue is that I can't seem to get air to actually bubble through the air stones once they're placed onto the bottom of the tank. It is so incredibly frustrating. I've tried balancing them and I'm literally out of ideas. I think I've adjusted things enough only to come in the next day for a tank to be completely stagnant. Any insight is very welcome! 

20220808_141337.jpg

Edited by EmDixie

All of the overhead PVC is cemented. Every port has a valve. There's 40 (ish) available ports with 22-24 in use. I've checked those not in use and they are not leaking air. I would agree though, it's definitely a low air pressure issue. 

On 8/8/2022 at 12:48 PM, EmDixie said:

All of the overhead PVC is cemented. Every port has a valve. There's 40 (ish) available ports with 22-24 in use. I've checked those not in use and they are not leaking air. I would agree though, it's definitely a low air pressure issue

Turn off 10 of the valves and get the others to work "well".  If you can't then you have a leak somewhere or potentially a situation where the pipe going into your system might be too small.  You can hook up two in series if it's a situation where you're not getting enough force. 

Photos of your pipe / output from the device itself and how you have things setup might help trouble shoot as well.

• Like 2