TeeJays first mystery snail clutch has hatched!

TeeJay

On 9/4/2022 at 10:31 AM, TeeJay said:

Ok you know that's prolly what I'm doing. Maybe keeping it to sterile. For fear of souring the water. I usually feed in the evening after work. Then the next day after work I clean out then fresh stuff usually goes in after that. Still a learning experience. I usually only suck out the stuff that looks like it is getting "fuzzy"

Fuzzy if yucky and need to go. Fluffy is yummy and stays. Remember snails are mother natures clean up crew. I whole heartedly believe bacteria and biofilm growing on food is good for them. Or at least not harmful since my kids do well. 

• Love 1

I get confused about algae wafers. I think the other day I put on another post that they were a good first food, according to a breeder , but then I looked back at my notes yesterday and it says that I fed them, but my guys did not eat them. I did try them whole and also broken up. They ate some later though, once they grew a bit more.

I also wonder if different colored snails like different foods? Like how one type of nerite will eat vegetables and another type will not? 🤷‍♀️

On 9/4/2022 at 11:40 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

I also wonder if different colored snails like different foods? Like how one type of nerite will eat vegetables and another type will not? 🤷‍♀️

But the different types of nerite are actually different species. Maybe the brand of algae wafer matters?

• Like 1