Would this be overstocking?

I want to know if you guys think this would be overstocked or could cause aggression? I’m planning a 40 breeder it would be heavily planted with guppies that would breed like crazy and some dwarf chain loaches below but I was wondering if trying to breed a pair of longfinned bristlenose plecos would be overstocking or if they would get aggressive? Should I just go with one pleco?

On 7/23/2022 at 11:10 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

AqAdvisor is a good tool for playing around with stocking.  I would say try to get a 75G!  Let's see what the tool specifies though.  You don't list QTY of each so it's hard to determine "overstocked" per say.

40B with a filter rated for a 70G tank.

image.png.8bad454c0760cbcf128ca1f6191ef9be.png

https://aqadvisor.com/AquStockImage.php?N=&L=36&D=18&H=16&J=&UV=gUS&UL=inch&F=2:200909300033:,20:200909300093:,6:201001191162:

The only issue I have with Aqadvisor is that it doesn’t take into account for non planted / planted / heavily planted tanks. I wish it did, because I know that I could probably add a couple more fish to my set up if I had a lot more plants, but just how many fish, I don’t know 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 8:48 PM, Jacob Hill-Legion Aquatics said:

I want to know if you guys think this would be overstocked or could cause aggression? I’m planning a 40 breeder it would be heavily planted with guppies that would breed like crazy and some dwarf chain loaches below but I was wondering if trying to breed a pair of longfinned bristlenose plecos would be overstocking or if they would get aggressive? Should I just go with one pleco?

I dont think its overstoxked but the more fish species, the harder it will be to breed them. 

• Like 2

i would probably only go with 1 pleco. with guppies breeding like mice, you dont need pleco's doing the same thing in the same tank. not to say you cant do it, but maintenance will be frequent. wont take long to have 200 guppies, and 40 plecos.🤪 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/23/2022 at 8:33 PM, FLFishChik said:

The only issue I have with Aqadvisor is that it doesn’t take into account for non planted / planted / heavily planted tanks. I wish it did, because I know that I could probably add a couple more fish to my set up if I had a lot more plants, but just how many fish, I don’t know 

Agreed, I definitely wouldn't suggest trying to reach 100% on there for stocking. When I was close or over the tanks were a mess. Fish get bigger, having plants just helps keep things stable and reduces water issues for me.

I totally understand what you mean though!

• Like 2