My Red Dwarf Lily Growth Journal

On 7/22/2022 at 8:53 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

They are new to me too.  I am having good luck with java fern. It doesn't get planted, it just gets tied to an object in the tank, and it takes its nutrients out of the water. It only needs low light too.

Got a couple of those in this same tank and it’s already making babies

• Like 1

Lilies don’t seem to care if their roots are showing.  They will drive their roots down into the substrate for you.  If the substrate is dense enough, they sometimes lift themselves right out of the substrate while trying to drive the roots down and in.

• Haha 1

On 7/23/2022 at 11:27 AM, Odd Duck said:

Lilies don’t seem to care if their roots are showing.  They will drive their roots down into the substrate for you.  If the substrate is dense enough, they sometimes lift themselves right out of the substrate while trying to drive the roots down and in.

Good to know! I was worried that if I didn’t get it more anchored, the Panda Corydoras would send it rolling across the substrate 😂

• Haha 1

On 7/23/2022 at 10:32 AM, FLFishChik said:

Good to know! I was worried that if I didn’t get it more anchored, the Panda Corydoras would send it rolling across the substrate 😂

I can totally picture this with the little cories doing some soccer style dribbling.  Need to set up some goals!  Who would be the goalie?  😆 

• Haha 1

On 7/23/2022 at 11:34 AM, Odd Duck said:

I can totally picture this with the little cories doing some soccer style dribbling.  Need to set up some goals!  Who would be the goalie?  😆 

The Ghost Shrimp! They live catching stuff mid-air! The Betta would be the referee, the tetras would totally be the spectators. Nerites just came for the beer 😂

• Haha 4

On 7/24/2022 at 9:42 AM, CKetchum said:

I think my red drawf is just a little bit ahead of yours. I shoved some root tabs under once it got to the phase you are seeing today. Thanks for sharing. Grow, little fella grow! 🌿😄

I put an easy green root tab under it 2 or 3 days ago. So I’m sure it’ll be getting quite the growth spurt soon 😂