First successful angelfish fry

Ken Sonnier

Well after just a few egg hatching to wrigglers stage we have finally have got them to swimming fry . Crossing our fingers we can keep it up . They are about 2 weeks at this point . Apologies for the busy picture . I just fed baby brine shrimp. 

80A4FC33-5649-4F28-8205-3D06EFBC35E4.jpeg

F3E90477-75A6-41AC-81A3-7CF85E8B75D0.jpeg

CC9A4EC7-8DCD-4368-963A-46DF290B773F.jpeg

Edited by Ken Sonnier
  • Like 6
  • Love 2

On 7/11/2022 at 4:42 AM, Guppysnail said:

Congratulations! I know how exciting it is to finally get successful fry. They look great between BBS. I always think of pictures right after I feed 🤣

Yes the eggs layers are much different to deal with than east livebearers 😂

• Like 1

For a moment, I thought all the tiny specks of baby brine were the fry 🤦‍♀️

This is super cool, though! I'm just about to start doing research on breeding my pygmy cories and hope that I can get lucky with babs in the future.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 2:57 PM, Lexi B said:

For a moment, I thought all the tiny specks of baby brine were the fry 🤦‍♀️

This is super cool, though! I'm just about to start doing research on breeding my pygmy cories and hope that I can get lucky with babs in the future.

Keep at it . We find our cories will eat the eggs before we can separate them. Good luck

On 7/11/2022 at 3:41 PM, PineSong said:

Hooray for getting them to the next stage! They are cute and numerous! What kind of parents do they come from?

The parents are a pair that paired off from our main display tank . We had purchased about 10-12 young angels then we ended up with  3 breeding pairs . We have had a bunch of eggs laid and got them to the wiggler stage but would die after that . Our lives are pretty busy normally but recently we have had a little extra time ( example I was able to come home a couple times a week) so extra water changes in the breeder box etc and we were able to get them past that wrigglers stage. The picture is the pair that these fry came from. A Silver and Marble . 

2700C356-EE3C-4FF7-B9AB-65FF360CC6DF.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...