Treating ich without the water being at 84Farenheit

FrozenFins

Well crap! I got a fish from my lfs and didnt quarintine him. And now I have a huge outbreak of ich!!! I have been reading online and watching some youtube on it. I picked up some ich treatment from API (I live in canada so it was hard for me to find ich x at a afrodable price). and started dosing some meds. and just added an airstone. But the problem is I have a tetra preset heater, meaning that it heats up to 76 Degrees and I cant change it. Is it possible to treat ich safely with out the water being warm? 

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My angelfish looks like to have some sores near his gills / fins, after his ich treatment should I start treating him for secondary infections. If so what should I use? please note that I have a pleco in the hospital aquarium and so salt is not an option, and I cant use erythromycin because I live in Canada and I cant find that medicine. 

9 minutes ago, James Black said:

My angelfish looks like to have some sores near his gills / fins, after his ich treatment should I start treating him for secondary infections. If so what should I use? please note that I have a pleco in the hospital aquarium and so salt is not an option, and I cant use erythromycin because I live in Canada and I cant find that medicine. 

No reason not to use salt with plecos

• Administrators

Plecos have scales, they are called armor catfish Because they have so many and often time large ones.  That being said scaleless fish and being afraid of salts and med isn’t mostly a myth. Different species have different tolerances, but it’s not easy to lump “scaleless” fish together and all fish have scales. Some are just bigger and thicker than others.