Something to eat my guppies

I have a 30ish gallon tank where I store my plant trimmings, and I put a handful of guppies in there. Now, of course, I have 1 billion babies.

What's something I could get that'll be enjoyable, pretty, and will limit the population? I'd still like to have some guppies, but I want to slow down the population increase.1865927791_PXL_20220625_151009064_MP2.jpg.27bf075ac1f0c435f516a27726da7fed.jpg

I had a guppy aquarium getting overrun and starting to get too inbred. A female betta and a small school of tetras and I never saw fry again. The female betta was always chasing the juvenile ones, but rarely/never got them when they matured beyond fry.

If at all possible, netting them out and giving them away is a good option.

It is all a morbid discussion, but guppies breed so easily.

• Like 1

If anything my Bolivian Ram will also eat bladder snails.  I purposely tried growing them out in the same tank to feed my pea puffers in another 10 gallon but they kept disappearing.  I thought at first it was the water parameters but witnessed the Ram putting it in its mouth and spitting out the shell less the snail.  So if you have baby guppies and bladder snails you can kill two birds with one stone!!!

I would definitely go with Bolivian (n GB) rams instead of a betta since it is a tank to store plants. If you run that tank at 80 for a betta you will definitely increase your chances of algae issues.

On 6/27/2022 at 12:16 AM, Corbidorbidoodle said:

Really?! 

But, yeah. I guess they're predators. I had one that starved to death because it couldn't catch flake food. I wouldn't have thought of them being able to catch alive foods.

Can confirm, they will definitely chase guppies. Basically snack minnows.

They use their legs to launch themselves at a target and will gulp down anything that fits in their mouth.

I went with the frogs.

Was at a super cool new-to-me fish store the other day an picked up 4 ADF. One of them was a whooper too! Pretty much full grown. I've never seen one full grown before. 

Anyways, I think they're doing their job already. Fun to watch. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow.