What do you guys think of this product?

sweetpoison

I'm not familiar with that product, but from reading the package it looks like it's supposed to control ammonia and nitrite.  You would only need that if your tank wasn't cycled.

The filter floss media would likely be much more effective for what you want.

Oh I see! My best friend lives in England and she suggested that. And my tank is not cycled. I don’t think ~ heck I am at a lost at this point😂

that’s good cause I’m tired of buying stuff LOL I got that media stuff coming and that’s it not buying anything else I want fish!!😂😂😂 i’ve been working on this tank I don’t even remember how long 2-3 months🤦‍♀️ thank you so much♥️👏

I haven't used that but have seen it. The packaging does say it contains "Live Beneficial Bacteria" which is what you are trying to build up during cycling anyways. In theory this would instantly add the bacteria to the system. The live bacteria is what make other products like seachem stability and fritz zyme 7/Turbo Start able to speed up the cycling in the same way. However the concentration of bacteria and thus its efficacy is something I'm unsure of for this product as I haven't used it. And even if it does work I still would only add a couple fish in at a time and keep testing the water. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 10:51 AM, sweetpoison said:

Oh I see! My best friend lives in England and she suggested that. And my tank is not cycled. I don’t think ~ heck I am at a lost at this point😂

If you look up the pondguru, he has something similar.  Essentially in EU I believe, it's much more common to have a gel type (bacteria ball) starters.  this is what I assume that product is as well.  Across the pond we mostly use liquids, but it's definitely possible to get both on either side.

They are supposed to work well because they dissolve slowly and give the bacteria time to find a home on the media over a period of time.
Untitled.png.ffcf2538b4bfdd182886658bbff3def9.png

Edited by nabokovfan87

On 6/13/2022 at 12:11 PM, DaveO said:

I have never had a tank take longer than six weeks to cycle. Surely after 2 or 3 months you can start to add fish. But that's just me. I don't know your circumstances. 

Oh I just put water in it a week ago today actually. I’ve just been buying pieces and adding things for 2 to 3 months

On 6/13/2022 at 5:29 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

If you look up the pondguru, he has something similar.  Essentially in EU I believe, it's much more common to have a gel type (bacteria ball) starters.  this is what I assume that product is as well.  Across the pond we mostly use liquids, but it's definitely possible to get both on either side.

They are supposed to work well because they dissolve slowly and give the bacteria time to find a home on the media over a period of time.
Untitled.png.ffcf2538b4bfdd182886658bbff3def9.png

So you are in the UK as well?

On 6/13/2022 at 6:00 PM, Cory said:

In my testing the ones from pond guru didn’t work and after 2 years hadn’t dissolved at all. This was in Murphy a tank in a canister filter. 

After two years? Wow. Thanks for your input Cory!

In my testing the ones from pond guru didn’t work and after 2 years hadn’t dissolved at all. This was in Murphy a tank in a canister filter. 

Interesting. Good to know.

On 6/13/2022 at 6:56 PM, sweetpoison said:

So you are in the UK as well?

US, west coast.  Just trying to point towards things I've seen on videos and what not. There was a really cool video Cory did when he went to EU and they had a roundtable with 2 hobbyists from each side. Some very cool tours as well of EU based shops!

• Thanks 1

*Update*

I found the video of Cory talking about them.

It's about 7 minutes in.

Screenshot_20220621-212729_YouTube.jpg