Greetings from Music City

Retired, 74 years old, and have had aquariums intermittently all my life.  Hobby wise, it is lonely in Nashville with no aquarium clubs, only one LFS besides the Big Box chains.  Presently caring for a standard 20 G with 5 head and tail lights, 3 Otos, 3 Amano and 2 Blue Dream shrimp.  Recently upgraded from 2 clamp-on 13 watt CFB to a Planted 3.0 from Aquarium Co-0p.  I am following Streetwise's Planted 3.0  Schedule thread with great interest.  Hope to learn a lot and eventually be able to contribute.

• Like 7

Welcome John Henry!

I have a sister not too far outside of Nashville, beautiful country. May you connect with other Nashville Nerms in here, somewhere there is a thread "Where are you from" to locate folks closer to your zip code. 

Plus, there's the forum and Member's Only live streams, so no need to feel alone.

Good to read you in here!

Hello @John Henry I’m from Knoxville. I have a buddy who lives in Nashville who is hoping to start a club in the future. He is currently an active member of the ETAA, but hopes to start a club in Nashville. Find us on YT and I’m sure there will be updates when it gets going. 

In the meantime the East Tennessee Aquatic Association meets in Knoxville the second Saturday of every month.

Welcome to CARE its a great site. 

• Thanks 1

Welcome @John Henry! I'm about 90 minutes northeast of Nashville & have also intermittently been into the hobby of freshwater aquatics since 1994. If you need any info or assistance, please feel free to reach out.

P.S.: I just realized I never posted a "hello" in here when I stopped lurking & joined. Oops. 😁

• Thanks 1

On 6/18/2022 at 4:04 PM, Tazalanche said:

Welcome @John Henry! I'm about 90 minutes northeast of Nashville & have also intermittently been into the hobby of freshwater aquatics since 1994. If you need any info or assistance, please feel free to reach out.

P.S.: I just realized I never posted a "hello" in here when I stopped lurking & joined. Oops. 😁

Well then, Welcome Tazalanche, lol!!!

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2022 at 10:24 AM, Fish Folk said:

Just saw that a Fish Club is starting up in Nashville, beginning meetings in October: Music City Aquarium Society

(Not to be confused with MCA Association)

Look up on Facebook 

Tanner (my livestream co-host) is part of the group starting this club. I’m hoping to make it over for the first meeting. 

• Like 1