Need help with cory catfish

GuppyMan

I have recently set up my 29 gallon and have done a river black sand aquascape and have my 6 guppy's in the tank. I would like to put some corys into my tank but don't want to over stock. How many corys should i put in there? Also does anybody know of some harder floating plants beside duck weed that has nice roots for fry to hid in?

On 6/6/2022 at 4:35 PM, GuppyMan said:

Also does anybody know of some harder floating plants beside duck weed that has nice roots for fry to hid in?

red root floaters (pecktec has a video on them) and then Salvinia (there's a few species) but those are the ones that "look nice" to me.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2022 at 6:35 PM, GuppyMan said:

I have recently set up my 29 gallon and have done a river black sand aquascape and have my 6 guppy's in the tank. I would like to put some corys into my tank but don't want to over stock. How many corys should i put in there?

I think at least six of any Corydoras species should be fine (not Brochis species though, they might get too large). You can do even more of smaller species (maybe 10 pandas or 12 pygmy cories).

1597093721_LotsofCories1.JPG.d8414b329b8a1cd5b8427c7d17c70e90.JPG

• Like 1

There is a ton of cory species that would work in here. I keep pandas in my 29. Another one I really love is similis (violet, smudge are 2 other names).  There's a huge list of others that would work though I don't even know where to start. Basically any that aren't the large ones would work. 

• Like 1

I'd always recommend, for some reason with pandas moreso, to start with 3-5 because you're going to have more. Just know that you very likely will have more over time.  I think 5 is a great place to start, 6-8 if you're worried about losses due to water parameter differences or stress.