Hey! How are yeah?

Hello everyone! How's your day going?

I just joined and I'm ecstatic to find a good forum. I hate everything about Facebook so this place is a perfect fit. I'm looking forward to learning, sharing, and having fish fueled conversations with all of you! I'm pretty new to the hobby.

My Girlfriend moved in a few months back with a 10 gallon tank and I feel in love with her fish. The tank is quite overstocked in my opinion.. 1 Angel, 2 Glofish Tetras, & 1 African Dwarf Frog. So we bought a used 60 gallon tall tank to give them plenty of room. Sadly the stand that came with it isn't true to the tank so we're getting some cinder blocks and 2x4's to set it up for leak testing. If we have enough patience, we're going to build the classic "Youtube Stand". If not, we'll do the basic cinder block/2x4 stand. If anyone has any tips for aquarium stands feel free to contact me. I'm always down to learn more.

Thanks for reading! Have a great rest of your day, night, evening, or whatever it is where you're at!

(PS: I was going to upload more pictures of the 10 & 60 gallon but I'm restricted by file size)

KIMG0696.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum!

I built one of those wood and block stands too. I went with eight foot 2x4s instead of the 10 foot ones, but it currently holds a 55, two 20s, and my 10 QT tank. I just tacked some toolbox liner on the top 2x4s to give me a place ot put smaller items that might fall through the spaces and make it look just a tad bit better.

8 hours ago, Rikostan said:

Welcome to the forum!

I built one of those wood and block stands too. I went with eight foot 2x4s instead of the 10 foot ones, but it currently holds a 55, two 20s, and my 10 QT tank. I just tacked some toolbox liner on the top 2x4s to give me a place ot put smaller items that might fall through the spaces and make it look just a tad bit better.

Nice! Cinder blocks can hold up houses so if they didn't look so bad maybe it would be a lot more popular. I love that tool box liner stuff. I use it on almost everything I can. It even works well to open jars lol. 

• Like 1