Fish not eating??

I just noticed one of my white clouds looks skinnier then the rest. then when I Feed the fish they all eat but the skinny one was spitting out the food and never actually ate a pellet and it’s not like the pellets are too big cause my baby white clouds were eating them. Does anyone know why it’s not eating?

heres what the fish looks like: 

As he's losing weight and spitting out food it could be wasting disease looks like he has a sunken belly I would treat with Expel p active ingredient is levamisole  once a week for 3 weeks 

Edited by Colu
  • Like 2

I second wasting. Spitting may be the equivalent of a "Sore throat" in fish, due to the parasite. Expel P or Flubendazole. I have found Levamisole to work better in the food, where Flubendazole works just as good in the water column. This really helps if the fish is spitting and not ingesting the food.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 4:31 PM, Fish Folk said:

Hmm... do you have a quarantine tank you could move that one WC over to? Might be safer to treat in isolation.

I don’t have a quarantine tank cause this is my only tank do you know how I can quickly set one up easily and cheap and I only have one seasoned filter. But I do have a small sponge filter just it’s not cycled. Any tips?

On 6/2/2022 at 4:39 PM, Taco Playz said:

I agree with @Fish Folkwith the quarantine option. Do you ever use any other types of foods or just pellets because maybe he doesn't like the pellets. In quarantine you could test out different foods to see if he likes them. 

I do also feed them a flake food and frozen baby brine. I like to feed a different food every day mixing between those 3 foods.

Not you don't need to setup a Qarantine tank  feed the medicated food for 7 days and do a thorough gavel vacc to remove any of the parasites they have passed each day

Edited by Colu
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2022 at 5:13 PM, Colu said:

Not you don't need to setup a Qarantine tank  feed the medicated food for 7 days and do a thorough gavel vacc to remove any of the parasites they have passed each day

Quick question before I buy some meds. What’s the difference between expel p and paracleanse? @Colu

Edited by Jacob Hill