Arrowhead for the pond win

I just wanted to share nature winning. This plant ("broadleaf arrowhead" I believe) has been a champion. I got it for a pond experiment and it ended up struggling. When I tore down the "pond" I put one little bulb (all that was left) of it in some grow media on my fish tank but it never did much there. I ended up tossing the media into my second tote-pond and that spring, to my surprise, leaves sprouted in two arias where a shoot had been sent. They all died over winter and the top water froze briefly so, please imagine my surprise when I find a half dozen shoots breaking the surface in arias where It seems to have spread.

TLDR; If you want a pond plant get a broadleaf arrow head, they are apparently "bullet proof"

image.jpeg.004f46a25c0f52e0637cc7f2ec3e3fee.jpeg

image.jpeg.f65a5616fb9a282d3cb54fafd6428b89.jpeg

PS. Any garden credit goes to my amazing wife.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Thanks! I’m planning on buying mini pond plants very soon, and will check on its availability.

What zone are you in? We’re on the edge of 6a / 6b…

516018079_ScreenShot2022-05-16at1_09_59PM.png.7ee1d25c3b89451e00315280ce713c86.png

Also…  in its full growth, would you describe this plant as a dynamic “thriller,” and over-the-edge “spiller,” or a nice looking “filler” plant? 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 2:28 PM, Fish Folk said:

Also…  in its full growth, would you describe this plant as a dynamic “thriller,” and over-the-edge “spiller,” or a nice looking “filler” plant?

Haha, those terms are also applied  to container gardening. It’s super helpful to think in those terms for mini pond gardens. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2