What's going on here?

Anon

This is a zoomed in section of your photo.  This is definitely some stuff going on.
image.png.c2f58fa4c9bd8d49044c285c7547186f.png

Maybe you can see it better when looking at the tank, whether what you're seeing is growing on the edges of the leaves or where it is growing specifically?  The one it could be looks to be staghorn algae.

Here is an example for reference.
How To Remove Staghorn Algae In Aquariums - Shrimp and Snail Breeder

On 5/16/2022 at 5:43 PM, Anon said:

I bought this tank already set up so I couldn't tell you the species. 

If you can, talk with wherever you purchased it.  Their might be a big difference in water chemistry or something.  For staghorn you might have to dial down the light, and then keep an eye on waste and nitrates.

Amano shrimp are going to be the go-to for resolving this too. If they make sense for the tank.

• Thanks 1

On 5/16/2022 at 7:14 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

If you can, talk with wherever you purchased it.  Their might be a big difference in water chemistry or something. 

She used DI water and mineralized it herself. I took as much of the old water as I could fit into my truck and topped it off with my own tap water. Hopefully things will stabilize. It's probably been about 6 weeks at this point. 

• Like 1

On 5/16/2022 at 7:28 PM, Anon said:

She used DI water and mineralized it herself. I took as much of the old water as I could fit into my truck and topped it off with my own tap water. Hopefully things will stabilize. It's probably been about 6 weeks at this point. 

Do you have any way to test water parameters?

On 5/16/2022 at 11:23 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Do you have any way to test water parameters?

Yeah. Everything looks normal to me, but I don't know how they looked before I topped it off with my own water.