Interested in what types of L number plecos you are keeping

Colu

In particular what types you do you keep  if you have breed them what food you feed types of setups you keep them in high low flow temperature planted non planted 

Edited by Colu

L066 King Tiger.

They are definitely a nocturnal fish, can only see them in their caves when lights are on.  Still to young to breed.  I feed Repashy morning wood and soilent green. Every other month I'll add a jar of baby food (some veggie type) with the morning wood.  Lots of anubius in easy planters, 78+ degrees.   

image.png.ab31ae76ca13767e891f1302c9f7af4e.png

Edited by KBOzzie59
Added Picture
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2022 at 10:50 PM, KBOzzie59 said:

L066 King Tiger.

They are definitely a nocturnal fish, can only see them in their caves when lights are on.  Still to young to breed.  I feed Repashy morning wood and soilent green. Every other month I'll add a jar of baby food (some veggie type) with the morning wood.  Lots of anubius in easy planters, 78+ degrees.   

Do they do best with high flow and don't king tiger like a litter more protein in there diet 

I have kept L001 in 6ft planted tank  with plenty of wood and high flow mine  got to 11in I feed plenty of vegetable matter such as cucumber lettuce spinach algae wafers blood worms once a week as they are herbivore and have kept L200 green phantom pleco in a more rocky scrape with wood and plants  mine  got to 10in he was in a 5ft tank with plenty of flow I feed L200 a mix of algae wafers cucumber lettuce  mysis shrimp blood worms as they are an omnivore need more protein in there diet 

Screenshot_20220517-151621~2.png

Screenshot_20220517-151716~2.png

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Currently working with the following:

• L144a (Lemon Blue Eyed Ancistrus)
    • As most Ancistrus as long as they have water they spawn. My initial pair spawn constantly in a bare bottom 40B with numerous caves. Plants exist in a pot in the tank. Flow is provided with x2 '60 gallon rated' sponge filters and an air stone. I run my air outlet pressures higher than most.
  • L398 (Tankei)
    • No spawning yet. Definitely have a male, the other is smaller and not sure if it's old enough to sex. If it is, the lack of odontodes leads me to think it's a female. Currently QT'ing in a barebottom 10 with a single '60 gallon rated' sponge filter. 

Sort of L-numbers I'm also currently working with:

• Lg6 (Common Whiptail/Rineloricaria parva)
  • LDA002 (Clown)

No spawning on either of these yet. Both are groups housed together in the same barebottom 40B with a pot of crypts like my L144a tank. The major difference here is that I've also included clusters of Spiderwood that I pulled from my former 29 gallon planted tank that to which the Clowns seem to enjoy hiding in. Groups consist of x9 Clowns and x6 Lg6's. So far I believe to have more male Clowns than females, but the latest addition of x4 Clowns may change that. The last 4 were still a bit young to sex reliably so in about 6 months or so I plan to pull them all to sex them 100%. The Lg6's consist of x2 males and x4 females. One male currently is guarding a cave and the females are fattening up nicely with a diet of a Repashy mix I have, Xtreme wafers and krill flake, NLS pellets, and canned grean beans. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 4:55 PM, Tihshho said:

Currently working with the following:

• L144a (Lemon Blue Eyed Ancistrus)
    • As most Ancistrus as long as they have water they spawn. My initial pair spawn constantly in a bare bottom 40B with numerous caves. Plants exist in a pot in the tank. Flow is provided with x2 '60 gallon rated' sponge filters and an air stone. I run my air outlet pressures higher than most.
  • L398 (Tankei)
    • No spawning yet. Definitely have a male, the other is smaller and not sure if it's old enough to sex. If it is, the lack of odontodes leads me to think it's a female. Currently QT'ing in a barebottom 10 with a single '60 gallon rated' sponge filter. 

Sort of L-numbers I'm also currently working with:

• Lg6 (Common Whiptail/Rineloricaria parva)
  • LDA002 (Clown)

No spawning on either of these yet. Both are groups housed together in the same barebottom 40B with a pot of crypts like my L144a tank. The major difference here is that I've also included clusters of Spiderwood that I pulled from my former 29 gallon planted tank that to which the Clowns seem to enjoy hiding in. Groups consist of x9 Clowns and x6 Lg6's. So far I believe to have more male Clowns than females, but the latest addition of x4 Clowns may change that. The last 4 were still a bit young to sex reliably so in about 6 months or so I plan to pull them all to sex them 100%. The Lg6's consist of x2 males and x4 females. One male currently is guarding a cave and the females are fattening up nicely with a diet of a Repashy mix I have, Xtreme wafers and krill flake, NLS pellets, and canned grean beans. 

I have bristlenose pleco an the moment have been very prolific when breeding I take about 60 a week to my LFS L398 are really colourful I have never kept whip tails definitely on my bucket list

Edited by Colu

Welp, litterally spoke too soon in terms of not seeing any breeding activity of the Lg6's... Just went to do my noon feeding on my lunch break and walked into this...

UqV0R9N.jpg.6ab353053ca6a8ce6759dfcc922bb157.jpg

Looks like I'll be on snail pulling patrol for a bit as these two were fighting to get the snails out of their cave. 

Edited by Tihshho
  • Like 2

On 5/18/2022 at 6:22 PM, Colu said:

Am not familiar with whip tails do you get a lot of eggs or just a few

2-3 dozen? I have not counted them as I don't want to agitate the male too much. Once this round hatches I'll count the babies to get a better idea. Figure there might be 10% loss of eggs between some that were not fertilized or eaten. 

• Like 1