Sick guppy ?

ZeroCool

Hello I am new to keeping fish . I have a tank that’s a little over 2 months old. Cycled 1 month with over a month of fish living ok in it . 

78.5-79 temp

No3 zero

No2 zero

Ammonia zero

Ph 7.5

Kh around 80 ppm (4.46?) 

Gh around 120 ppm  (6.7?)

Filter, heater, air stone all in use. The fish in the tank are 4 Mickey Mouse platys,3 kuhli loaches,6 guppies. I just got 3 of the guppies yesterday . All looked fin when I went to bed . This morning this blue guppy had this white stuff and mark on back fin . Is this a fungal fin rot? How should I treat? Thank you very much. 

On 5/5/2022 at 12:02 PM, Tihshho said:

Providing pictures of the ailment will provide better information about what is going on. 

Sorry figuring out the forum . I think I posted one now . Thank you ,

Well what ever it was it took the poor guy from a perfect back fin to 2/3 tail gone then dead in 24 hrs . All other fish seem fine. Worried about contamination. Should I possible treat the whole tank with meds or salt ? Will be saving for a quarantine tank for the future. 

Edited by ZeroCool

If you see any other fish start to show symptoms them I would treat antibiotic treatment such as kanaplex or maracyn you could add some aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 3 gallons and monitor them for now 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the advice . I added tablespoon of salt then waited a day and did a 25 percent water change with another tablespoon of salt. Now the next day I can’t be sure but the other new blue guppy looks like he has a white patch developing now. About to do another water change with a another tablespoon ( my third I was told I can do 4 for a 20 gallon)then add some kanaplex . Doing daily tests on water .