German Blue Rams vs Blue Rams

Tamra

I am looking at the different Rams on the Aqua Huna website. They sell Blue Rams and German Blue Rams. What is the difference? And, if they were the same why don't they sell them as the same fish? Just curious as to which one I should get. 

• Administrators

GBR and Blue Ram is the same fish. I saw their site...not sure why they have them listed twice. If you ever see "Electric" Blue Ram, this is just a color variant (and sometimes size) where they have been selectively bred to appear blue. 

It could be that they were listed separately due to how they are selling them or how they received them.

I see:

Electric blue ram - 2 pack (color variant mentioned above)
German blue ram - 3 pack
Blue ram - 3 pack

The ones listed as "blue ram" visually look to be a slightly larger size.  They list things separately for a variety of reasons, but yeah as Zenzo said it should be the same species.

AH is also very good about replying via email. If you want to ask them any specific reason why they are listed differently, I would recommend that option if you have any concerns.

You could email them and ask and then report back to us. My vague understanding is blue rams is german blue ram from asia (that is asia call their version of gbr blue rams); but i could be mistaken as this understanding was based off of vague comment from other folks. aquahuna is pretty good at responding to email.