Ziss Bubble Bio Moving Bed Filter

Phillip

Ok, I need some ideas. I have a couple Ziss Bubble Bio Moving Bed Filters I’d like to put outside in my container “ponds”.  I’m having trouble with the suctions cups staying attached due to the shape of the tubs. I’ve tried propping up a floor tile and sticking the filter to it, but it keeps coming unstuck. Does anyone have any good tricks???

I actually had this specific issue and never got it resolved.

I would say you are gonna end up using some silicone or something. You can also drill a hole and potentially mod it such a way to install something with rubber washers and nylon hardware (or something fish safe) so you can tie it down that way. Even when I used the base of the tub, it just never stuck. I tried for months a variety of ways.

Edited by nabokovfan87

On 4/6/2022 at 1:17 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

I actually had this specific issue and never got it resolved.

I would say you are gonna end up using some silicone or something. You can also drill a hole and potentially mod it such a way to install something with rubber washers and nylon hardware (or something fish safe) so you can tie it down that way. Even when I used the base of the tub, it just never stuck. I tried for months a variety of ways.

I was thinking of drilling holes in the tile and zip tying through the holes instead of using the suction cups. I’m hoping for an easier option though lol. 

• Like 1

If you can. Perhaps get a piece of slate or something and just set that against the wall. The ziss might be at a slight angle, but you give the fish a cave and finding something flat, narrow width, but tall enough would just be the issue.

The irony is those suction cups have removed fingernails they are so insanely strong. I used a knife against the glass because I could never get them off.

On 4/6/2022 at 1:24 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

If you can. Perhaps get a piece of slate or something and just set that against the wall. The ziss might be at a slight angle, but you give the fish a cave and finding something flat, narrow width, but tall enough would just be the issue.

The irony is those suction cups have removed fingernails they are so insanely strong. I used a knife against the glass because I could never get them off.

Yeah I know! They work perfect in an aquarium. 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2022 at 6:10 AM, Guppysnail said:

Can you zip tie the entire unit to a pvc pipe the zip tie a hook on the pvc to hang inside the tub?  I’m not real handy so not quite sure why this popped into my head or if it is doable. 🤪

Or a segment of the plastic craft mesh.

On 4/6/2022 at 5:10 AM, Guppysnail said:

Can you zip tie the entire unit to a pvc pipe the zip tie a hook on the pvc to hang inside the tub?  I’m not real handy so not quite sure why this popped into my head or if it is doable. 🤪

Might be something to look in to…

On 4/6/2022 at 5:39 AM, Widgets said:

Or a segment of the plastic craft mesh.

Ohh that might work