How many gallons is my tank?

FyaNyan

Hi everyone!

I have a little question about the tallest of my three current running tanks. I bought it off a neighbor last July, but they did not know the gallon amount. The glass part is 30 inches long, 12 inches wide, and 20 inches tall (not including black rims on top or bottom). It has the footprint of a standard 29g, but it's a bit taller. Is this an easy-to-find size of fish tank, or do I have an oddball size? Is it like a 30g tall? 31g? What do y'all think?

Thanks

Mathmatically speaking it rounds out to 31g/118L. I would personally stock it like a 29g. Note that if you plan to plant the tank, you will have lower light than expected due to the increased depth. This isn't the end of the world, but definitely something to consider if you like to scape your tanks.

image.png.c10f15dc620548e7ef14ea4d5e05aa58.png

Okay! I've been treating the stocking sort of like a 29g. Just wanted to get another opinion. The tank has been running for about 8 months. It's lightly planted with some val, an amazon sword, and two plants I forget the name of.  I currently have 5 cory cats, 6 cherry barbs, 1 blue gourami, and 1 bristlenose pleco. It is stabilizing nicely. Thanks for the thoughts!

Edited by FyaNyan
  • Like 1