Aquarium Co-Op Junkie

Aqua junky

I totally have an awesome Idea for @Cory and the Company.  I would totally buy.a Nerm Hat. All Black with the Aquarium Co-Op  Logo on the front with Nerm written on the back. But only for Members who've been around for while have access. Kinda a way to show appreciation to long time members!  Just an idea!! Keep it fishy Friends 

Nick Hager

Monmouth. Illinois 

• Like 3

Sry but I'm going do dissent. A Nerm is someone who is indistinguishable from a "normal" person in society, but behind the fish room door in their homes and in their minds they are total fish nerds.

Wearing the label openly feels a bit on the nose IMO. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by TheDukeAnumber1
  • Like 2

@TheDukeAnumber1 I agree and disagree. I agree and can relate with being asked by my coworkers what I did on my vacation and when I excitedly told them about going to Aqushella they were confused by the concept of a bunch of people getting together over fish tankery. Or by relating current events to the importance of quarantining new fish and the outbreak of disease in overcrowded and poor conditions when talking with friends and family that don't keep fish. Ope, I just nermed all over the place, maybe I should not talk about fish that much. I disagree because it takes a nerm to know a nerm and we all want to know another nerm. Personally I preferred being a cooperative, but memes yo. Have you checked out the urban dictionary definitions for nerm? A few of them are good for a laugh.

• Like 2

I'm as Normal as the next guy but as soon as I walk in my house I'm an instant Nerd. I'm not afraid to show it. I would wear that hat Proud and loud. And @Aubrey I love how you hid it under the bill. Kinda what we Nerms do. Normal from the outside looking in but if you look under the normal there's a certified Nerd hiding in there. Great Job and zim totally gunna have to do the same with my Cap

• Like 2

Let me tell you a story about my wife and my NERMness (I know it isn't a word)

Lately she has asked me questions about the "Hobby" and I delve down deep into the collective knowledge of podcasts, DIY youtube videos, and general aquarium research. Then I get this feeling that I have totally explained her question and 10x more information than what was needed.  She politely listened and I smile and say I love her and thank her for putting up with NERMness.

Having a great day, couldn't be better.  Tedrock

• Like 2