Clean up crew for a warmer tank

ndfi78

I'm stocking a new tank, which will run around 82°. I'm having a hard time finding a cleanup crew that will thrive in that though. From what I am seeing cories and neocaridina davidi prefer lower temperature. I will have two bristlenose plecos in there, but from what I am reading they really don't do that much cleanup. 

EDIT: I apologize about all those new lines! I posted from my phone and somehow the formatting was thrown off.

Edited by ndfi78

On 3/25/2022 at 5:09 PM, ndfi78 said:

I'm stocking a new tank, which will run around 82°. I'm having a hard time finding a cleanup crew that will thrive in that though. From what I am seeing cories and neocaridina davidi prefer lower temperature. I will have two bristlenose plecos in there, but from what I am reading they really don't do that much cleanup. 

Shrimp are definitely a good option depending on what type of water you have and how they will handle hardness and PH and stuff.

As for a cleaner crew, I think Cory's make a lot of sense of a sand sifter, ram type of fish that will roam around the bottom and eat up some of that leftover food. Plecos generally make more of a mess but can help with algae. There often isn't enough algae but they will help with it.

I usually lean towards shrimp and corys and they have a lot lower hit to the waste for me compared to something like snails and plecos. I would caution you with corys based on information and research and just to be very careful about which you select. Higher temperature means lower oxygenation and they often prefer cooler tanks typically for that reason. There absolutely are some species that live in warm water and will do fine warmer but it's all depending on where you're able to get some of them.

• Like 1