About 1/8 gap between tank & stand along front & back of 240gal

Greg Wynn

That’s a big tank, and a lot of water, but many aquarists keep smaller tanks hanging over the edge and without support in the middle.  The frame along the bottom provides the support.  

personally I would rather have the whole edge supported, but getting and keeping a wooden aquarium stand true, well let’s just say, “ain’t happening”

For glass it matters if the corner is supported.

I would 100% go and get some thick styrofoam board, put rubber mat on top of that (yoga mat or exercise mat works) and then put the tank down. Make sure the foam itself does NOT press on the bottom sheet of glass on the tank.

The table itself not supporting a tank of that weight / length is a big concern for me. It might take months for an issue to show itself and by then it's even more difficult to fix.

Can you show the full tank/stand itself?

Take a level on every corner of the tank 45 (degree angle check), and then check horiz. And vertical to see what isn't true. Let us know.

As @lefty o stated, the ends need to be supported.

From the ACO blogs: "Rimmed glass tanks must be firmly supported on all four corners, so do not place a Styrofoam or other pliable mat underneath it. If the tank is filled with water, the rim will sink into the Styrofoam, which will start pushing against the bottom panel and can lead to cracking."

https://www.aquariumcoop.com/blogs/aquarium/how-to-set-up-a-fish-tank

The stand will hold the tank just fine  it was on it for a yrs without issues.  I'm just wondering about the gap. its touching at both ends & they are level. the stand is on concrete.  The last pic is top of the tank looking down it.  Its braced all the way around top & bottom  

20220322_202119.jpg

20220322_202431.jpg