Suggestions for a 30 gallons aquarium stand

Karen B.

Greetings 

I want to buy a 30 gallons aquarium (36’’ x 12 ‘’ x 16’’)

I am looking for what to use as a stand (very secure one, as I live in a first floor apartment).

I do not have the ability to build one. And I do not wish to buy a 29 gallons high.

Any suggestions?

I looked around a bit, I know there are some shelves, so if you can share your model, experience, if it fits, if some diy is needed, etc.

Thank you!

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 11:05 AM, Karen B. said:

Greetings 

I want to buy a 30 gallons aquarium (36’’ x 12 ‘’ x 16’’)

I am looking for what to use as a stand (very secure one, as I live in a first floor apartment).

I do not have the ability to build one. And I do not wish to buy a 29 gallons high.

Any suggestions?

I looked around a bit, I know there are some shelves, so if you can share your model, experience, if it fits, if some diy is needed, etc.

Thank you!

Some people build very elegant cinder block stands. You can paint the block to your liking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, you'll be fine, even with a very heavy stand you might have a total weight of only 370lbs spread out over three square feet. 

Tank: 35-40lbs

25 gallons of water:  ~200lbs

Substrate: 40lbs

Decorations: 40lbs

Stand: 50lbs

For a stand you could use a standard 40 gallon breeder stand. It’ll support 36” long tanks under 40 gallons. If it’s a rimless tank then you’ll have to add a piece of wood to the top of the stand, but a rimmed tank should be fine. 

Petco Brand - Imagitarium Brooklyn Metal Tank Stand, 40 Gallons https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N7KIM75/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_WGX2YRXPA8NW0PGQWASN

E1C748F8-B39E-4029-9313-FA8BD51E480D.jpeg

Edited by Patrick_G
  • Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 1:34 PM, Patrick_G said:

Yes, you'll be fine, even with a very heavy stand you might have a total weight of only 370lbs spread out over three square feet. 

Tank: 35-40lbs

25 gallons of water:  ~200lbs

Substrate: 40lbs

Decorations: 40lbs

Stand: 50lbs

For a stand you could use a standard 40 gallon breeder stand. It’ll support 36” long tanks under 40 gallons. If it’s a rimless tank then you’ll have to add a piece of wood to the top of the stand, but a rimmed tank should be fine. 

Petco Brand - Imagitarium Brooklyn Metal Tank Stand, 40 Gallons https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N7KIM75/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_WGX2YRXPA8NW0PGQWASN

E1C748F8-B39E-4029-9313-FA8BD51E480D.jpeg

I absolutely love that stand… so of course it’s not available in Quebec 😓😩

• Sad 1