Tank journals ?s

Atitagain

I’m gonna start keeping a hand written journal for every tank I have. I know some of you keep them and I was wondering what data you keep track of?
I’m thinking 5x7-ish spiral notebook. If in theory I would divide into 3 sections 

1-stocking/ plants 

2-journal 

3-tracking parameters maybe weekly/ monthly 

Im wanting to keep it fairly basic but if you all have any ideas on what else is good info to track or ways of tracking?

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 2:31 PM, Fish Folk said:

A couple years ago, my son kept log on a sheet like this below. 

The small "chunks" looked like this:

350029199_ScreenShot2022-03-14at2_32_40PM.png.7e65cec625ca7cca377b21c68467aec6.png

The whole page looked like this:

1105986180_ScreenShot2022-03-14at2_30_34PM.png.427725fcfd1e8aa8f970e7d99f865b19.png

Very nice system good detail. Will probably incorporate grid blocks for some things.

On 3/14/2022 at 2:35 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

I have nothing against paper, I still handwrite my bank account stuff and I have my own method- but any reason why you don't want to use an app?

I’m very slow at typing. And although my handwriting is atrocious it’s much faster for me.

it took me 3m 12s to type this post 🥴

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I keep a note book by my tank, in the front is my equipment list (in case of brain fog when I'm looking for parts). Then my water parameters.

In the back I have a list of the inhabitants and when I got them so I have a rough idea of fish ages and if I'm buying a new fish compatibility again a brain fog safely measure.

I also keep general notes like popular /unpopular food.

The note book I use is pocket size and is mainly so I can grab it if an opportunity to visit lfs occurs.

I prefer it to aps as just a generally more free form option and easier to maintain and reference. 

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 7:02 PM, Flumpweesel said:

I keep a note book by my tank, in the front is my equipment list (in case of brain fog when I'm looking for parts). Then my water parameters.

In the back I have a list of the inhabitants and when I got them so I have a rough idea of fish ages and if I'm buying a new fish compatibility again a brain fog safely measure.

I also keep general notes like popular /unpopular food.

The note book I use is pocket size and is mainly so I can grab it if an opportunity to visit lfs occurs.

I prefer it to aps as just a generally more free form option and easier to maintain and reference. 

I agree with your reasoning and I think keeping it small for short notes will do better for me, so I don’t try to over complicate like I do a lot.😀