Where to buy fish bags?

umfalcon

The bags you choose might depend on the species of fish you’re selling.  Most use regular bags for any labyrinth fish but I’ve seen pics of them in breather bags.  Other species can use either type of bag unless they’re higher risk to puncture bags.  Breather bags are a softer, thinner plastic, so I personally wouldn’t use them for a species with spines or prone to biting holes.  I’ve only sold a few species and only used regular bags so far.  I have some breather bags but haven’t sold any fish I thought appropriate for them since I got them.

For later you can reuse the bags your lfs gives you. I have at least 10 unused bags that were used when the fish store gave me fish. Its great for recycling and reusing, especially when plastic is so bad for the enviourment. 

However you can buy some off amazon for sure!

On 3/8/2022 at 8:09 AM, umfalcon said:

@Odd DuckYeah, I'm familiar with that retailer 🙂 Is there a certain seller that you prefer? So I plan on selling some large angels and swordtails. What size bags would you recommend?

These are the biggest bags I’ve purchased and they would be fine for single large angels, bigger than needed for single swords, but OK for a small group of swords.  They’re a little heavier plastic than some and longer, so you can have a decent amount of water and air.  I always try for at least 2/3 of the bag being air (O2 being better) when I’m bagging.  I didn’t look for a specific brand, but buy bigger than you think you’ll need since they’re measuring flat, not filled.  A 10” bag turns into only 6” diameter, so unless you find bags with a square bottom, buy big.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RX1Z77K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was re-using bags until I got one with a pinhole.  😬  Then I ended up needing many more bags since I had a TON of Jack Dempsey fry to sell.

Amazon, eBay, lots of sizes available as well as thickness of the bags. If you're going to be bagging any spiny fish such as corydoras, plecos, I'd get ones that are at least 3mil thick, other than that I just get 2mil ones, The sizes I keep on hand for my personal use are 4x16, 6x18 and 8x18 between those sizes, I can bag up a lot of stuff unless the fish is extra large.