Having trouble with nano tank

Plant-master

On 2/21/2022 at 7:43 PM, Mmiller2001 said:

What's your GH and KH and what are you dosing for fertilizers and how much? How are you measuring CO2 levels.

I don’t have anything to test it but I have it 1 bubble per 2 seconds. I have only used root tabs. 

On 2/21/2022 at 7:48 PM, Ken Burke said:

lots of questions:

How long have you had the tank running?  

What are your water parameters? 

What is you long term plan for the tank?

How long is your photo period?  

I see one fish in the tank, any snails? Shrimp?

I have had up for 2 months, my long term plan was to have a lush carpet tank for breeding shrimp. I’m using a twin star  B line led light on for 6 hours 1:00 to 8:00 and there is 1 betta and nothing else but plan to have cherry shrimp soon. 

On 2/21/2022 at 8:23 PM, Ken Burke said:

Adding the shrimp will help.  Mostly, just have patience.  2 months isn’t really all that long.

Oh ok I will add them, some people were getting good carpets in like 4 weeks so I was a little concerned.   

Edited by Plant-master
Typo

On 2/21/2022 at 6:58 PM, Plant-master said:

I don’t have anything to test it but I have it 1 bubble per 2 seconds. I have only used root tabs. 

I have had up for 2 months, my long term plan was to have a lush carpet tank for breeding shrimp. I’m using a twin star  B line led light on for 6 hours 1:00 to 8:00 and there is 1 betta and nothing else but plan to have cherry shrimp soon. 

You will need to dose the water column and make sure you have enough CO2.

Read all of this, it will help alot.

https://www.2hraquarist.com/blogs/choosing-co2-why

https://www.2hraquarist.com/blogs/fertilize-planted-tank

On 2/22/2022 at 10:55 AM, Mmiller2001 said:

Yes, but you may need a 10 or 5 ml syringe.

I think 1 pump is supposed to be 1ml so a pipette or 1ml syringe might be a better choice if you're dosing the recommended 0.3ml for that tank size

• Like 1

@Plant-master, hang in there as @Ken Burkepointed out it takes time for your plants to start propagating themselves. Two months isn’t all that long. I’d definitely get a test kit or strips and start monitoring you water parameters, both for plant growth and for the health of your shrimp. 

Here’s a pic of my three gallon with a decent carpet. Check out this thread to see how long it took to get it looking this way.

8C0CD31A-7AA6-4007-ACAA-EFE48E3EFCBF.jpeg

Edited by Patrick_G
  • Love 4

On 2/22/2022 at 1:23 PM, Patrick_G said:

@Plant-master, hang in there as @Ken Burkepointed out it takes time for your plants to start propagating themselves. Two months isn’t all that long. I’d definitely get a test kit or strips and start monitoring you water parameters, both for plant growth and for the health of your shrimp. 

Here’s a pic of my three gallon with a decent carpet. Check out this thread to see how long it took to get it looking this way.

8C0CD31A-7AA6-4007-ACAA-EFE48E3EFCBF.jpeg

Wow wow hat did take awhile, I will just have to be patient. thank you!