Brackish Green spotted puffer tank

Patrick_G

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been procrastinating on this tank. My plan was to add more salt to bring it up to full marine  level but I waited so long that it’s started to cycle on its own. It’s currently processing Ammonia into Nitrite and at least some of the Nitrite is being converted to Nitrate. I’m not going to look a gift horse in the mouth, so I’ll let it cycle as a brackish tank, add the fish and then slowly bring it up to full marine. I’m guessing it’ll be ready in a week or two. 

Here’s a pic of a GSP to help me keep my eye on the prize. How can you not love that face? 
3C867DAB-E3C9-4976-A7EC-F8D4B5B89A9C.jpeg.4cd59e79e91bbb2d8283927f9145bc50.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Food for thought, when you go marine, I would ditch the drift wood. Organics like that in higher salinity water are just going to break down at a higher rate and in turn be food sources for nuisiance algae. If you want to prepare for a full salt transition, you may want to swap the hard scape out for some of the ready to go non cultured reef rock and as you transition into marine you won't have to be fiddling with hardscape changes while stressing out the little puff. 

• Like 1