Next dollar a gallon sale

Up North

Last time I was in Petco, I was talking with the manager and asked this question.  She said that they had discontinued the dollar per gallon sales.  She was not sure if they would start doing it again after the supply chains open up more, but kind of thought due to the raising prices of everything that it was likely not to ever happen again.  Last month (January 2022) they had most of their tanks on sale for 30% - 40% off.  That may be as good as it gets now.  😞 

Edited by Jorgey
  • Sad 2

petco just had their up to 50% off sale last month, so I’d guess it will be a couple months before they do it again. 

If you have a petsuppliesplus in your area they have they tanks on sale right now. (29g for $45) Not quite as good as the old dollar per gallon, but figure that’s gone for good. 

• Love 1

Usually, it starts up after the big tank sale at Pet Supplies Plus ends.    I'm not sure what the new pricing on the Aqueon tank sale is going to be now but I suspect it will either be 40% or 50% off.    Pet Supplies Plus is doing 40% off so I doubt Petco is going to let their competitor to undercut them on the tank sale so I will be very surprised if they go cheap and only offer 30% off.   

On 2/11/2022 at 1:24 AM, mpm42 said:

petco just had their up to 50% off sale last month, so I’d guess it will be a couple months before they do it again. 

If you have a petsuppliesplus in your area they have they tanks on sale right now. (29g for $45) Not quite as good as the old dollar per gallon, but figure that’s gone for good. 

Thank you for posting this. I just got the last 29 gallon from my local pet supplies plus. The 20 gallon longs were $27 and they had a few of those as well as 55s. 

On 2/11/2022 at 1:11 AM, Cinnebuns said:

They are no longer doing the dollar a gallon sale. 50% off is the best sale they will have. 

I found some good stuff when they had the 50% off. It was almost $1/gallon for some stuff