Cardinal tetra

Melody Hurtig

On 2/9/2022 at 10:55 AM, Melody Hurtig said:

Thank you. I am thinking of Cory catfish also. I am setting up a 75 gallon fish tank with sand and driftwood. I am going to purchase Discus (7). That depends on the PH.  I am waiting for live plants, that have been shipped. Any information on PH, live plants, would be great. 
Thank you 

Melody

Discus are wonderful. I buy them young, and let them grow in my water. pH isn’t nearly as critical as hardness / softness. Also: temperature. Keep Discus very warm - 83°-86°-F. Cardinal Tetras, Rams, and Ancistrus can all do well in that temp. Be sure your tank is very well-cycled before adding fish.

4955C2F3-A904-431C-947E-A6580A340C2E.jpeg.96321f06604754554bdf619e079032cc.jpeg

Glad to help if you have more questions.

• Love 2

On 2/9/2022 at 11:03 AM, Fish Folk said:

Discus are wonderful. I buy them young, and let them grow in my water. pH isn’t nearly as critical as hardness / softness. Also: temperature. Keep Discus very warm - 83°-86°-F. Cardinal Tetras, Rams, and Ancistrus can all do well in that temp. Be sure your tank is very well-cycled before adding fish.

4955C2F3-A904-431C-947E-A6580A340C2E.jpeg.96321f06604754554bdf619e079032cc.jpeg

Glad to help if you have more questions.

I have my sand and driftwood and water in the tank. It has cleared up nicely. The pH is at 7.5, and the temperature I have at 86°. Would you add the Cory‘s and cardinal tetras before the discus or after?

• Love 1

On 2/13/2022 at 10:54 PM, Melody Hurtig said:

I have my sand and driftwood and water in the tank. It has cleared up nicely. The pH is at 7.5, and the temperature I have at 86°. Would you add the Cory‘s and cardinal tetras before the discus or after?

I would probably add tetras and corys first, and wait a few weeks to ensure that they do not bring in any sickness. Then add Discus. I just bought three new young discus two evenings ago. They are settling in nicely. Here's a video of them finally eating some frozen Spirulina Brine Shrimp...

Edited by Fish Folk