BEST BATTERY POWERED AIR PUMP???

BettaMarine65

SCE sent me a warning that power will be out at least 8 hours on 2/16/22 at my house. Bought a Penn Plax pump last night and it didn't push any air whatsoever. Want something to hook up to my airstone to generate O2 and agitate water for my betta "Dexter's" Fluval Spec V.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Ann

On 2/6/2022 at 12:13 PM, BettaMarine65 said:

SCE sent me a warning that power will be out at least 8 hours on 2/16/22 at my house. Bought a Penn Plax pump last night and it didn't push any air whatsoever. Want something to hook up to my airstone to generate O2 and agitate water for my betta "Dexter's" Fluval Spec V.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Ann

I used to use Penn plax Sab 11 with d batteries.  It only worked when the power was off but it pushed a lot of air. Now I do the same as @eatyourpeas

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 1

All great suggestions, I run 2 filters in all of my tanks 1 of which has a lithium backed battery air pump (like the portable phone charger batteries mentioned above but they are inside the air pump not just a battery)- if the power goes out it seamlessly goes to battery power and at least 1 filter in all of my tanks remains running - and the beauty of it- I don't have to be there to do anything. Most of them also have an "intermittent" function you can switch to- that saves battery power if the outage will be longer than the battery life. They can also be charged/run by portable phone chargers! 

I have several but I have 2 of these and are my favorite of them, has two airline outlets, is quiet, and the lights on it aren't annoying (some of them can be bright but I put tape over them)

Check this out at Amazon.com
AquaMiracle Lithium Battery... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08P1938MG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Edited by xXInkedPhoenixX
Typos are lame
  • Like 1

16441723290333840410993977675024.jpg.d64bc1d6aa1aeb358b0dfc9ef8ffb050.jpg

We have 2 of these: 1 runs the tank in my spouse's room, and one is the backup for my fishrack. In a prolonged power outage, the CAT also powers a CPAP, and my favorite part is it only takes a couple of hours to fully charge, so a friend's generator keeps us in good shape if power is out more than 24 hours. 

16441721845904069080451865213343.jpg.fff76a07a26fa63eb3dd782a52dd7f5f.jpg

This runs the Co-Op nano pumps in the living room. (None of the living room tanks are heated)

• Like 1