Neocaridina as food for pea puffers

Kata

So basically, my neo shrimps breed faster than expected. I might run into some space problems sooner or later. 
So my idea was to feed a few of them to my pea puffers. Pretty sure they would eat them since they only get live food anyway and its a similar size.
Question is: Would there be any problem to feed neos to the peas? 

Thanks in advance 🙂

No problem at all. If you put enough in some may not get munched prior to establishing a colony so you may get a self sustaining live food source. I put mine in all my tanks for the same reason and they all managed to set up shop so to speak. Even my piggy guppies can’t keep up. 

On 2/4/2022 at 3:01 AM, Jennifer V said:

@Guppysnail @Levi_Aquatics I've been thinking about adding shrimp to my pea puffer tank as well. Is there any concern about the peas just picking at the shrimp to death rather than eating them? They tend to just make a mess but not eat all the snails I put into the tank if I add too many at a time. 

I think that may depend on the individual pea personality. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2022 at 2:01 AM, Jennifer V said:

@Guppysnail @Levi_Aquatics I've been thinking about adding shrimp to my pea puffer tank as well. Is there any concern about the peas just picking at the shrimp to death rather than eating them? They tend to just make a mess but not eat all the snails I put into the tank if I add too many at a time. 

It’s entirely possible they would slowly pick it to death because they clearly can’t eat it whole.  It’s not too likely the shrimp would last long, but there might easily be shrimp remnants that would need to be cleaned up just like there are often snail remnants to be cleaned up.

• Thanks 1