Ziss Artemia Blender upgrades and mods

TheFish

Hello all, 

I just received my first non-DIY brine shrimp hatchery and my choice was the Ziss Artemia Blender. Now before I even use it I already know I’d like to make some upgrades to it including the popular handle hanger. I would also like to convert it to route the air through the drain fitting as well as be able harvest from it as well. I know it’s possible I’ve heard of people doing it but I’d like to see how exactly how some of you have accomplished it. 

Also, any other must do mods you'd like to share with the rest of us? 

TIA
,E

I’m not sure routing the air through will work since you would have to unscrew it to allow air in then the brine would come out the second you shut off the air either making a mess or returning into the pump line. 🤷‍♀️

On 1/23/2022 at 6:16 AM, BuzzDaddy21 said:

I guess I`m going to need a picture so I know what this is.🤨

the bbs hatchery from Coop. VERY worth every penny

• Thanks 1

On 1/23/2022 at 10:50 AM, TheFish said:

convert it to route the air through the drain fitting

I'm puzzled as to why you want to do this, it seems like it could get messy and I can't see the gain.

But for stands I have found this and I believe if you hunt there are instructions for a walk bracket somewhere  

On 1/23/2022 at 3:16 AM, Guppysnail said:

I’m not sure routing the air through will work since you would have to unscrew it to allow air in then the brine would come out the second you shut off the air either making a mess or returning into the pump line. 🤷‍♀️

the bbs hatchery from Coop. VERY worth every penny

It actually works fantastic, my old hatchery that I built worked this way.

You have two normal airline valves, or a three way valve….when you are hatching you open the valve to the air, and it bubbles right at the bottom keeping things mixed better than an air tube from the top. 

When you are ready to harvest you turn the air valve to the off position and open the second valve which goes directly from the hatch spout to your catch cup
once you have what you need you open the air valve and it will blow the harvest line clean and once you shut your harvest valve it’s returned to normal operation. It sounds complicated but man is it easy and efficient and as clean as you could want. 

here’s a photo of my old hatchery. 

DA7A87B6-5583-412A-8C1D-3CAE46C420D6.jpeg

Edited by TheFish
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

On 1/23/2022 at 2:21 PM, TheFish said:

It actually works fantastic, my old hatchery that I built worked this way.

You have two normal airline valves, or a three way valve….when you are hatching you open the valve to the air, and it bubbles right at the bottom keeping things mixed better than an air tube from the top. 

When you are ready to harvest you turn the air valve to the off position and open the second valve which goes directly from the hatch spout to your catch cup
once you have what you need you open the air valve and it will blow the harvest line clean and once you shut your harvest valve it’s returned to normal operation. It sounds complicated but man is it easy and efficient and as clean as you could want. 

here’s a photo of my old hatchery. 

DA7A87B6-5583-412A-8C1D-3CAE46C420D6.jpeg

Now that is pretty awesome!

• Like 1