The betta 999 journal

BETTA999

Include your tank size when you set it up what filters you have airstones all the inhabitants all the plants and a picture if you can. We know you are unable to test but these are important to know as well as what all issues you are currently experiencing snd anything you have used or put in the tank example algae removal chemicals medicines etc. test kits were not available when i learned to keep fish so it is not ideal not to test but not the end of the world. 

• Like 2

ok so it a 10 gallon tank

3 months old 

filter:aqueon 10 

plants:valsneria , amazon sword ,crypts , rotala , little carpet ,

fish:24 baby bettas about 2.5 cm 3 cory the same size

any other thing:dosing alge control

food:tetra min 2 times a day and some bottom foodsANMP0064.jpg.f757a089294a7903784fe7452b182c94.jpg

Edited by bettta999
  • Like 1

Your cory issue is most likely coming from water quality issues. Dosing algae remover kills the algae releasing lots of ammonia in the tank to quickly for the beneficial bacteria to consume it then it does get converted to nitrite that stays in the water to long. Many of the things you described of your cory issue in your other post points to very high nitrite. Being heavy with fry in the tank the algae is your friend. Microfauna live in it that your fry will eat and it helps water quality Whatever you can remove manually is fine. You should stop using the algae control it is also extremely hard on fish. 

Edited by Guppysnail

That is fantastic im very glad to hear it. I do not clean the glass and filters the same day as it removes too much beneficial bacteria. Try setting a maintenance routine where 1 day a minth or as needed when the filter flow slows a bit you do the filter and a different week you do the glass etc. but continue every day or other day small water changes and removing excess food to keep fish safe unless you decide to purchase test strip. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well a big update i moved the tank a bit and it looks gorgeous (to me ) will share a pic later , another thing the juvenile 3-4 cm  female bettas appear to be like putting eggs  but as they are swimming the eggs fall and they will look obese but most of them are the first time of eggs developing in their bodies as they start to mature