betta fry with swimbladder

BETTA999

On 1/5/2022 at 1:01 PM, bettta999 said:

so many views and no one saying something ☹️

I wish i could help you! i know nothing about betta fry. i know someone will chime in. i will reach out to chime in i will reach out to guppysnail. and see if she can help you>

On 1/5/2022 at 1:01 PM, bettta999 said:

so many views and no one saying something ☹️

• Like 1

Hi. @scott the fishman reached out to me.  How old is the fry?  If it is only one and it is very young it may have a birth defect. Keep low nitrates add Indian almond leaves if you can. I do not mean to sound discouraging but often when a single very young fry out of several/many struggles with things it was born with one or more issues or failed to develop the immune system in my fry raising experience but please know I had bettas but never betta fry. pristine water with 0 ammonia 0 nitrites and less than 20 nitrates will give it its best chance. @Colu would be the expert to consult for better information than I have. Best of luck. I am sorry I could not help more. 

• Like 1

It could just be genetically weaker fry that not going to make in any batch of fry you get a couple that don't thrive or have genetic deformities  you could Qarantine and add a small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 5 and some indian almond leaves and keep pristine water quality  

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 12:17 PM, bettta999 said:

help i have a problem with one of my betta fry it semms to be floating very frecuenly at first i tought it was the food then i tougth swimbladder but it isint curing i have good water cuality and food🤔

please need help

Betta fry are sensitive little buggers. They need 90% humidity in the air they breathe, stable water parameters, close to 80° water, and multiple food sources. 

Most common cause for swim bladder issues in fry, is a diet of BBS. Low humidity and cool air will prevent proper labyrinth organ development. Lack of IAL in the water means no stress buffer.

When I bred, I did a 50% water change daily. I didn't know about the needs of the labyrinth organ until I watched Gianne's presentation. Now I know why my survival rate was rarely above 60%... most of my grow outs had insufficient humidity with no lids.

For more detailed support, what are your water parameters (KH, GH, pH, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, etc), how old are fry, which betta variety[ies], and what are you feeding?