Quarantine tank ideas

ccurtis

I know you wanted other ideas besides an actual fish tank and I love @Irene idea.  I use a 10 gallon aquarium that is always running.  There's a ton of pond snails and floating Water Sprite that help keep the cycle going.  The problem for me is that I don't use sponge filters, except in my quarantine tank.  So, setting up a tub and instantly cycling it is not an option.  I have sponge filters, but I only have them to use as backups with USB Nano Air Pumps  and these battery backups (mine are black) in case of a power failure (I live in south Louisiana).  

It almost doesn't matter what you use, since the bio load will likely be light enough such that you can deal with it with water changes, not requiring a cycled filter/tank. The reason I use a fish tank is because I can easily see the fish, and observing them is what you want to do in quarantine. 

• Like 1

A plastic container is probably the easiest and cheapest way to go. Once your finished using it you can easily store it away without worrying about it breaking. Also, it can be used for multiple purposes. I'm presently using both my quarantine tanks for several types of fry that were born in the last three months.