Advice on algae on anubias

How big is your tank? Siamese algae eaters are great, even the regular flying foxes do a pretty good job. If you can get either of them, and Otos, even better. Siamese algae eaters are very active fish, I could watch mine fly around the tank incessantly cleaning for hours.

Edit: couple of ramshorns or pond snails are great too, they'll only multiply in line with the amount of food available, so they can help quickly get the tank clean.

Edited by BigSkrimp

Since anubias aren't very hard to take out of a tank, I think I'd do a peroxide dip first, to give the algae eaters a head start. I might even trim off a few leaves, just to get the algae eaters to focus on leaves I care more about. 

Sorry to not know what algae eaters to suggest. I haven't had that particular type of algae.

On 12/13/2021 at 5:56 PM, BigSkrimp said:

How big is your tank? Siamese algae eaters are great, even the regular flying foxes do a pretty good job. If you can get either of them, and Otos, even better. Siamese algae eaters are very active fish, I could watch mine fly around the tank incessantly cleaning for hours.

Edit: couple of ramshorns or pond snails are great too, they'll only multiply in line with the amount of food available, so they can help quickly get the tank clean.

It’s a 75 gallon, there already are 5 Sienese algae eater in there and many pond snails and amano shrimp. For some reason they just don’t even touch this black crusty stuff. It may be black but definitely not BBA.