White spots on swordtails not ick

Hisham

White spots on swordtails. Not ick

These white spots started appearing on my swordtails in the middle of August 2021. I bought some swordtails that were sick and spread the disease to my whole tank. 

I lost about 20 swordtails so far

These white spots stays on my swordtail for months then the fish will eventually die. I have noticed in some cases there is a little one point of blood on the fish 

I have tried almost every medicine available online and in stores including general cure, ick medication, furan2, kanaplex, metroplex, sulfaplex, cupramine, pimafix, melafix, body and fin cure, erythromycin. I have tried fish wormer. I tried added aquarium salt. 
Water condition is normal 

Nothing helped. What could be this disease and how to treat it? 

Thank you so much!

5E0906A0-ED11-41C1-B7F2-F5F1BBCE5F82.png

F27EEC7F-B6EA-4D69-A088-69C45896585D.png

9194E0ED-112B-4955-9343-FFBC40275470.png

DBB37885-D5E9-4214-87C4-45DC07B69368.png

Could this be Columnaris? This site has good diagnostic tips. There might be something else you’re dealing with.

Treatment of Columnaris, a bacterial infection, is very hard once it’s endemic in your aquarium stock. If it is… sounds like you’ve already tried some of their recommended treatments:

D502686B-D543-4AFA-8F69-29A5EA32E4C3.jpeg.26f8a0a3e237be34b54694f6ae6ea612.jpeg

Really sorry for you and your fish. I hate to admit this, but _sometimes_ after earnestly trying, it is necessary to let a tank / fish go.

While I’m imagining your situation, I recommend treatment in a dedicated quarantine tank. 

• Like 2

On 12/3/2021 at 9:09 AM, Hisham said:

Good morning

how to move my living plants to another aquarium safely without moving that disease to the other aquarium too?

thank you!

I am so sorry for your struggles and loss. Moving the plants or anything from an infected tank with an unknown illness and sometimes known illnesses is something I strongly advise against. The risk is way to high. Losing 2 tanks is much worse than throwing away plants and equipment that cannot be properly sterilized. Many bad things placed for 3 weeks in a non inhabited tank will perish without a host fish. Being an unknown there is no way to determine the life away from a host or if it has dormancy capabilities. I’m sorry again that you are going through this.