Seachem tidal 35 filter rattle

Stephen Zawacki

Hey yall so got a question I have a tank in my bedroom and I'm a very light sleeper I've been trying to find a super quiet filter, and I saw the seachem tidal 35.  I saw the reviews from kg tropical, prime time aquatics and they both said it was dead silent. So I got the filter today and right away there is a rattle. Now my question is this rattling happening because the filter is breaking in and in a couple days will it get quiet or will it never also is there a fix to quiet it.  Just In the few hours it has been running it has quieted a little but not much I really like the filter and all the features, and also I spent 50 bucks on it so would like to make it work so any input would be great.

Thx Stephen 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 9:29 PM, Stephen Zawacki said:

Hey yall so got a question I have a tank in my bedroom and I'm a very light sleeper I've been trying to find a super quiet filter, and I saw the seachem tidal 35.  I saw the reviews from kg tropical, prime time aquatics and they both said it was dead silent. So I got the filter today and right away there is a rattle. Now my question is this rattling happening because the filter is breaking in and in a couple days will it get quiet or will it never also is there a fix to quiet it.  Just In the few hours it has been running it has quieted a little but not much I really like the filter and all the features, and also I spent 50 bucks on it so would like to make it work so any input would be great.

Thx Stephen 

I have three of them and never had a rattle.  Is it leveled on the tank with the adjustment screw? Is the basket fully set in the clips?  

Can't think of anything else other than what @AndEEss said and just put a band over it or put a food canister on the top.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 12/15/2021 at 8:36 PM, sairving said:

My fish tank is right next to my bed.  I run a tidal 35 and its quite.  It was louder than normal for a bit. After cleaning the filter and impeller, everything was silent again.  

Definitely a "rare" issue in my experience. Usually there isn't any issues with the impellers. If you continue to have some, try out some food grade silicon grease/lubricant on the shaft whenever you clean it out.

On 11/30/2021 at 6:29 PM, Stephen Zawacki said:

So I got the filter today and right away there is a rattle. Now my question is this rattling happening because the filter is breaking in and in a couple days will it get quiet or will it never also is there a fix to quiet it.  Just In the few hours it has been running it has quieted a little but not much I really like the filter and all the features, and also I spent 50 bucks on it so would like to make it work so any input would be great.

I don't think the rattle is because it's broken. I think if you have any rattle there might be something that came loose in shipping, or might be something that needs adjusted.  I know this is an older thread, but if you are still having issues please feel free to provide some details and I can try to help you out.

• Like 1