Best medicine

Eyad Jamus

I have recently noticed one of my Peacocks having long white stringy poo. I had some flubendazol (I know I spelt that wrong) on hand so I dosed the tank with it. This medication is very temperature reliant, so I'm not sure if it works or not. It hasn't had any effect it seems (it's been about 5 days). What medication would people recommend for internal parasites? I think that is the issue. If anyone believes it's something else, please let me know what you think it is and how to treat it please.

How long have you had this fish. If you have had it for a length of time and not added anything new it may not be parasites. Is it eating as it normally does? Sometimes if a fish has nothing in its digestive track it still passes the mucus lining and it comes out as white stringy poo. I just wanted to share that in case it has no other symptoms. Usually parasites means weight loss lethargy etc. 

It's funny you mentioned Flubendazole. I have found that to be THE best medication for me when treating wasting disease. I had 2 fish where Levamisole was completely ineffective. I bought Flubendazole as a last resort. In both cases, it worked within days, and both fish are currently thriving. It isn't very water soluble, so getting it to mix well is an important step.

But if your diagnosis is solely based on white, stringy poo (provided the fish is eating regularly), General Cure or Paracleanse would be a good first step.

If you have sunken belly/wasting....I would turn to Levamisole (Expel-P) if the fish is eating or Flubendazole if the fish is trying to eat but spitting the food out.