Pea Puffer

gregoryord

Does anyone have experience putting Pea Puffers with Albino Cory Cats ? I have a planted 40 gallon ad want to add at least 1 Pea Puffer . Other fish in the tank include Guppies and Kuhli Loaches . The tank also has lots of small snails which should make a good natural food source for the Puffers . Was thinking of getting up to 3 Puffers.  Any suggestions or advice appreciated . 

Thanks . That's what I have read everywhere.  I do have some other tanks than th one I was planning on putting in . Just incase it got too aggressive in my main tank . Definitely wanna get one but I dont want to damage my other fish because of it . Still undecided.  Thanks again for the response. 

Pea puffers are known to be fin nippers to long finned fish, guppies? They will either eat all the snails or I have heard of them getting full then killing off all other snails in the tank. Get 1 or 3 not 2 if there’s aggression issues need to be able to spread it out, even if just by a little. 
good luck mate 4BF4BFD4-81DB-40A4-8AAE-1A9C40BCE7BD.jpeg.8ad67a2b0270929e6afce625f102c2c3.jpeg

• Like 1

Those are some cool looking fish . I have pretty much an endless supply of snails between 3 other tanks and an outdoor pond that I grow some plants in and let guppies snails and cherry shrimp breed in . So I should be good on snails . Really awesome looking little fish . Thanks for the response. 

Pea puffers are shoaling fish, so they do best in larger numbers so getting three would be better than just one, however as the others mentioned, they can be very feisty little guys and may not get along with anything else in the tank. Mine immediately murder anything that comes near the tank. They even picked the nerite I had in there to death before I could tell what was happening and they were just tiny juveniles at the time. They're such fun, rewarding fish, but definitely require a lot of patience and dedication to make sure they live their best life. 

• Like 1

Thank you . I think I am going to get a few today if the local store still has them . I will make sure to remove my nerite snails for sure . If they become too much for everything else I have a tank I can dedicate to them . Time for a new species and I really like these fish . 

• Like 1

I will do that . Looks like they have h as d some luck with breeding them . Not looking to do that but I did go ahead and purchase 3 today with a few backup plans.  In case they are too nippy. Definitely gonna need all the info I can get moving forward with these 3 . Thanks .